Biggest Mistake Patients make
Delaying treatment or neglecting your oral hygiene can take its toll on your oral health and also lead to costly treatments over time. Here are eight of the biggest mistakes patients make:
1. Not following the oral care treatment plan timeline. We provide our patients with a custom-tailored treatment plan on the first visit and encourage patients to schedule their appointments according to the timeline provided.
2. Overestimating the cost of treatment. We can work with you to make the cost of dental treatments that much more affordable. Many patients make the mistake of thinking that the cost of treatment is too high. Talk to us about financial concerns so that we can provide you with a full range of options.
3. Waiting until something goes wrong to see the dentist. Many patients make the mistake of only coming in to see a doctor in an emergency situation. Stick to your treatment plan and make sure you are coming in for your routine dental cleaning and exams for optimal oral health.
4. Delaying necessary treatments. Whether it’s out of fear, financial concerns, or simply a busy schedule, it’s never a good idea to delay the treatments we have outlined for you. Delaying treatment can end up being more costly in the long-run.
5. Making oral health decisions based on online research. Some patients make the mistake of turning to websites to learn more about treatments and services. We encourage patients to come to us with any questions or concerns they may have about their oral health.
6. Neglecting the oral hygiene routine. Skipping your daily brushing and flossing routine can take its toll on your oral health and increase your risk of gum disease. Talk to us about proper brushing and flossing techniques so you can keep yourself on a healthy track.
7. Avoiding dental visits because of a bad experience. If you have had a bad experience at another dentist’s office in the past, you may hesitate to proceed with treatment. Talk to us about your previous experiences and learn about the treatments we offer to ensure you get the treatment you need.
8. Overestimating total length of treatment. Many patients overestimate how long it will take to complete their treatment plan. We put together a realistic timeline so that you can schedule your appointments in advance and receive the treatments you need at the most appropriate time.
Set up your appointment at Apex Dental Care by calling today!